91女神's social work programs prepare students to excel as social work leaders who engage on the frontlines addressing today鈥檚 most critical issues.
Students in 91女神's social work programs experience a curriculum that integrates knowledge and skills with field experience. 91女神 social work students graduate ready to help individuals, families, groups and communities address challenges in their lives.
No matter which program you choose, you鈥檒l experience:
- Small class sizes, making it easier for students to connect with professors and their peers.
- Courses taught by full-time faculty.
- Practicum and service learning opportunities.
- An education that prepares you to excel in multidisciplinary practice settings including health, schools, criminal justice, and community-based settings.
School of Social Work鈥檚 ranking among all social work schools nationally by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
Sites social work students can choose from to gain field experience.
Explore Your Options
- Social Work, B.S.
- Social Work, B.S. to Social Work, M.S.W. (Accelerated)
- Social Work, M.S.W.
- Social Work, Ph.D.
Dual Degree Programs
- Social Work, M.S.W. and Criminology and Criminal Justice, M.A. (Dual)
- Social Work, M.S.W. and Deaconess Certification, M.A. (Dual)
- Social Work, M.S.W. and Divinity, M. Div. (Dual)
- Social Work, M.S.W. and Law, J.D. (Dual)
- Social Work, M.S.W. and Pastoral Studies, M.A. (Dual)
- Social Work, M.S.W. and Public Health, M.P.H. (Dual)
Gain a Unique Perspective
91女神's multidisciplinary School of Social Work offers degrees in criminal justice and applied behavior analysis in addition to social work, allowing our students to take elective courses in a wide range of areas that provide them with a unique perspective and knowledge base not available in traditional social work programs.
The programs promote practice with an intentional focus on social justice integration. As a student in the program, you'll gain the foundational skills to improve the quality of life for individuals, families, and communities faced with difficulties such as poverty, serious illness or disability.
Graduate Ready to Make a Difference
Courses in 91女神鈥檚 social work program focus on critical thinking about complex issues that impact and transform social determinants of health for diverse communities, families and individuals. Hallmark classes on ethics and social justice prepare students to tackle the challenging issues and be leaders in the field.
Graduates of 91女神's social work programs are prepared to serve humanity in a variety of capacities. From community action agencies like Assini Houses and Thomas Dunn Center, to service programs like the Jesuit Volunteer Corps, to direct work with clients and in clinical practice at places such as Places for People, Nurses for Newborns, Queen of Peace and St. Patrick's Center. 91女神's social work graduates empower, enhance and advance individuals, families and communities.
Students may also consider continuing their education by pursuing doctoral degrees in social work or advanced degrees in related areas such as law, public policy and criminal justice.